Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21

Thread: Historical you wish were made

  1. #1
    Inactive Member corybelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 18th, 2006
    Posts
    54
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm just curious of what tpye of historical everyone wants made. Like what's her time period and so on?

    I have so many ideas i just have trobule putting them into words. I need alittle while to think. I'll add my ideas in a few minutes

    what is everyone else idea?

  2. #2
    Inactive Member NHmommyx2's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 24th, 2006
    Posts
    22
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I would love a historical from New England, especailly the Boston area.

    Maybe an original settler in Plimouth Mass? Second generations to the pilgrims.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member SimplySophia's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 9th, 2006
    Posts
    140
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Well I'm writing about one now:

    Here's a little about my historical (It goes for about a 2 year span, and I will probably change some of it, but I already have a lot done) So here's a short summry:

    Maya is a 10 year old girl living in 1618 during the time the English came to the "New World". Maya lives with her mother, father, younger and older sister, and her older brother. They live in a small house with no gas, or electricity. Her Mother stays home with the her and her sisters, while her brother helps pick crops on a farm, and her dad is a cobbler. The conditions are poor, and her mother has come down with an illness, they try to take care of her the best that they can, until more of the family falls victim. Now there only chance at a new and better life is coming to America.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member prasnlrd's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 7th, 2006
    Posts
    176
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I would love to see an AA historical dollie from the "Roaring 20's". Her story could center around being involved in the Harlem Renaissaince, or wanting to be a famous dance like Josephine Baker was.

    Her story could also just tell of the lifetsyle of the 1920's and not necessarily the AA lifestyle then, but the American lifestyle of the 20's and it would be an AA dollie representing that.

    I also another interesting period would be the mid-late 50 and into the 60's. An AA historical would be so appropiate, as so much happened in the life of AA Americans during this time-period.

    [img]graemlins/island.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/island.gif[/img]

  5. #5
    HB Forum Owner puppychurro's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 18th, 2006
    Posts
    34
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    A French Candian girl named Amelia is living in the gold rush time and moved to California where her parents find alot of gold. Amelia`s mom is having a baby but she loses them. Amelia is going to a new school and meets a girl named Emy. Ameilia has light brown hair and brown eyes and white skin. Emy has blonde hair and brown eyes.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member kitandkat's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 23rd, 2006
    Posts
    949
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    PRSNLRD! IS THAT A NEW MORSEL IN YOUR SIGNATURE?!

    I would love a 60s doll. I've been wanting one for so long, and I'm still hoping, lol.

  7. #7
    horselvr2
    Guest horselvr2's Avatar

    Post

    I would love if AG made any one's ideas! I love them all!

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Kenshinchan's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 19th, 2006
    Posts
    1,024
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    SOMEDAY I would like to make a Harlem Renaissance doll like Prasnlrd said, although I would make a lot of her story be like a girl growing up in that era, not focusing so much on her race. She would even make clothes for friendship dolls to send to Japan! (As per http://wgordon.web.wesleyan.edu/dolls/index.htm if you haven't seen it.)

    That said, I'd just as soon AG DOESN'T make that doll, because I think it would be more fun to make her myself. [img]smile.gif[/img]

  9. #9
    Inactive Member katherinecusick's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 30th, 2006
    Posts
    482
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    All of these ideas are terrific!

    I'd also like to see either a Gold Rush or Oregon Trail historical doll. I think it would be neat to start her stories in Independence MO and have each book follow along the trail with a concluding story when the family reached either CA, OR or WA and settled somewhere.

    I'd also be very interested in a historical doll/story centered around the Lousiana territory/ city of New Orleans when the Lousiana purchase occurred.

    [img]smile.gif[/img] Katie

  10. #10
    Inactive Member pixterzoom's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 7th, 2006
    Posts
    103
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I would really like a pilgrim doll or a California Gold Rush doll. But I also think someone going through the 50's(poddle skirts) or anywhere after that would be cool!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •